Co-Registration and Correlation of EP and Imaging Data

Hello, I was wondering if I could ask whether there is a feature to co-register 3D EAM maps with CMR/cardiac CT imaging files in order to correlate the electrophysiological data to the corresponding point of imaging data? Thank you!

Hi Johanna

Sorry for the slow reply. It depends a bit on the category of data. If the data existing the same geometry then it is straightforward with the current tools.

For example; if you have MRI data and electrical data imported already and merged using one of the vendor tools.

However if the data is not yet registered then you have to complete a registration step - various challenges here.

Can you describe the data in more detail and I can walk you through what to do?

Steven

Hi Johanna

Just to follow up on this did you manage to get this done or do you need more help?

Best wishes
Steven

Dear Steven, I am exceptionally sorry for taking so long to come back to your question.

Over the last weeks I had several discussions with the abbott engineers/reps to export integrated imaging models (CT/CMR co-registered with anatomical landmarks at the time of the EP procedure, usually PA bifurcation, CS and LV apex) with the EP data projected directly on the imaging model from the ensite x system.
As you probably know the DIF models can be used during the EP study as a shell to project the collected EP data directly on it (as long as they are within a arbitrarily defined max. distances). Initially I assumed this could be exported as one combined file facilitating subsequent analysis and correlation (as you said data existing on same geometry would be easier). However it turns out this is not as straight forward as initially thought. The system “forces” the projection on the EP data on the shell but saves the coordinates “in the background” on their original position. So when exporting you do not get the coordinates on the shell but a separate contact map with the “true” coordinates of the collected data point.
My apologies, that this has taken so long. After a lot of back and worth it appears that there might be a way to bypass that and export the EP data directly on the imaging shell after all. I got some encouraging feedback last week but I am still waiting to be instructed of how to do this exactly.
As you probably know the exported file format of the ep data is .csv and for contact models and DIF is .xml. If you are interested I could of course send you an example.

again, extremely sorry for making such slow progress with this.