Issues with Carto Password

Hi! I was able to download OpenEP and run the demo. I tried to run the code using a patient’s data that was exported from Carto. Unfortunately password protection is enabled on the zip file and my mapper didn’t set the password. Is there a workaround for this? In the mean time, we are looking into what the password may have been when the files were created.

Thank you!
FM

I followed the instructions on the post re: Biosense Webster Carto maps, and we were able to make a zipped folder with a password that we set; however, we ended up with a different problem - all of the files contained in the zip were .bin and .map; none were .xml, and the folder arrangements were different. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Hi, it sounds possibly like you have exported the study archive rather than the study data - Make sure you select export data from the study menu with the case open, and then copy the zip file that is created

Hope that helps

Wow! Good call. Your solution worked and we have now exported the study data in a workable format (includes .xml). I will update once we generate our maps. Thank you so much!

Ok, now to my next challenge. I have loaded the study into matlab. However, when I run GetConductionVelocity, it returns “NaN” repeatedly. I have included a screenshot showing how I enter this command into matlab. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much!

I have also tried the CV histogram, and you can see it doesnt give me a real result yet.

Let me tell you my workflow so that you can see if I am making a critical error somewhere - I open up the zipped folder and in that folder there is a .XML file called AF_###. I open that and then I can select from 7 different maps that come up (e.g. LA, LA moved, Re-LA, PVs…). A dialog comes up saying points are being loaded. Then I am asked to select a reference, so I select CS5-6. Next a dialog box pops up asking me which electrodes to include, and I click select all. I was able to have the script run fully for LA and Re-LA, but for LA moved I get a different error I hadn’t seen before. I will show you a screenshot. Overall I am just trying to figure out where the issue might be.

Hi Fima,

I think the NaN values will be returned since there are no activation times associated with the map (because of issues exporting this data from latest versions of Carto, often with HD colouring switched on). I would suggest making sure that you can create an activation map first from the electrical data (userdata.electric…).

For the other error I notice that there is the word “moved” regarding P1 in that map; I wonder if there is something different about that point because of this. This is just a guess though! If you want to debug this you can run the function read_ecgfile_v4.m directly, passing in the path of that file (which is shown in the error above).

Hope that helps & let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
Steven