Problem with loading Carto3 output file with importcarto_mem()

I encounter a error message while loading an Carto xml file with importcarto_mem. The message is as follow

here is the link to the file I use:

Hope anyone can enlighten me. I would much appreciate it. Thank you~

Hi!

Thanks for joining the community. We will take a look at this issue and get back to you!

Best wishes
Steven

Have had the same problem several times now.

Do you know what is happening and the turnaround?

Hi Sergio

Sorry, I’ve been on leave this week. We’ve faced this issue a few times and it is normally due to electrode naming for catheters that we haven’t come across before.

Shouldn’t take long to fix!

Steven

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay in getting to this. Should be able to take a look this weekend

Steven

Hi, I’ve just merged hot fix v1.0.04 into develop/master. Please can you pull (or download) the latest code here https://github.com/openep/openep-core and see if it is fixed.

If not, we will need to look a bit deeper. @sergiolaranjo or @kewei if you could please try the following:

dbstop if error
importcarto_mem % navigate to and select your study

When the system stops in the debugger please could you find the specific file which has caused the problem. It will probably be for point 1, but not necessarily:

disp(filename)

If you can then send this specific file we will be able to debug this issue further.

Thank you very much, I will try.

Hi, just wondering how it went and if your problem is solved?

Hi,
I have had an error message when trying to import a study file into MATLAB using importcarto_mem(). I have tried using 3 different xml files within the folder but am experiencing the same error.
Please could you advise me on where I am going wrong? I have attached screenshots of the files I’ve tried to import and the error messages in the command window.
Thank you very much for your help,
Nilanka

Hi Nilanka,

Thanks very much for your question. Let’s look together at the xml file structure to see if anything is different and we can update the code if necessary or figure out what’s going wrong.

Thanks,
Caroline

Did this get fixed?

If you needed to change anything please can you submit a PR to OpenEP-core?

Also, it would be useful to include a test dataset if you are able to send that over for our regression testing.

Thanks
Steven

Thanks for your advice and for following up on this.
As you identified, the .xml file was not correct and missing the study data - by re-exporting the data, I have been able to successfully use the importcarto_mem function to load this into a .mat file on Matlab.

I’m trying to analyse low voltage area using bipolar voltage maps. Though these are loading into Matlab, I am still having a couple of error messages. These are attached.

The 1st (‘xyz out of range’) I presume just refers to a single datapoint that is missing or out of range for the map?

The 2nd occurs when I try to use the program to create a reconstruction of the map using the drawMap function - Please could you advise on what I may be missing in this?

Thank you very much!

Hi,
I have one question about importing data from Carto. It is possible to upload a map created with Octaray. If I try to upload it using the function importcarto_mem(studyXmlFile), I always get this error:

Output argument “electrogramname_bip” (and possibly others) not assigned a value in the execution with “getpointelectrogramname” function.

Error in importcarto_mem (line 413)
[ electrodeNames_bip{iPoint}, electrodeNames_uni(iPoint, 1:2), point_xyz_2] = getpointelectrogramname(map.xyz(iPoint,:), pointFileName);

I think the problem is in the file getpointelectrogramname.m because it doesn’t consider an octaray that somehow converts to 20 pole A and B arrays.

Thank you for your answer.
Jana Veselá

Hi Jana, welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I did see your message, but we have also been working at the same time on an update for Octaray.

I’m pleased to say this is now done, in beta, and is available in the develop branch! (thank you to Nick Linton who contributed this).

It would be great if you can have a look and see if it works for your needs?

Best wishes
Steven

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I will look at your code.
Since I didn’t get any answer for a long time, I started editing the code myself :slight_smile: Currently, I already modified it to be able to load the maps created by Octaray.
At least I will compare how it can be done differently.
Have a nice day.
Jana

Oh no! Sorry about that Jana. The code in the develop branch should now work for you though

Thanks, I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: It’s ok, at least I learned some new things again :slightly_smiling_face: